I’m not sure how much I’ve actually told you about this challenge that I’m doing – and at the moment, I’m the only one doing it but that’s okay, I’ll make it work. So tonight, not only am I going to tell you more about the challenge, but I’m also going to use TODAY’S INSPIRATION to write my own post. I’ve been semi-working on this list for month’s, but have been being an incredibly annoying perfectionist about it, so today, I’m throwing that out…
I’m not going to go into great detail about The Blog Everyday Challenge, because I’ve written about it pretty much everywhere you could imagine and because it’s title is pretty self-explanatory. You blog, every single day, for however long you want to set your goal to blog for is – could be days, weeks, months and even years. Our mission is to support you on that journey!
By joining our official group on Lifestyle Bloggers Anonymous, you’ll get support and encouragement to keep you blogging everyday and you’ll also get to meet up with some great adult bloggers. But even if you’re not an adult blogger and still want to join in, we’ve got you covered.
Follow the #BlogEveryday hashtag on Twitter
See what users are tweeting out about the challenge
- Share your daily posts on our Facebook Fan Page
Get your posts added to our daily round up (though nothing will start getting added until it’s more than just me participating – so, go add your posts!)
- Get daily inspiration from our Google+ Community
Includes writing prompts and other little tidbits
There are even brand new products in the Blog-A-Holic Designs shop so that you can motivate yourself to keep blogging when the going gets tough and even products that you can customize to promote your blog (and the fact that you’re doing this challenge). I’ve been posting about that everywhere too, so I’m not going to say anymore about that…
So, that brings me to my very first goal. I really want to blog every single day for an entire year. So, my plan is to blog daily right here on The Rantings, and while I can’t guarantee what the ratio of adult posts to non-adult posts will be, I’m hoping that it will generally stick around even.
Some of my many other blogging-related/online/technology-type goals this year include:
- Finish and post the second installment of 100+ Sexual Bucket List Ideas
- Finish and post piece on different ways to communicate about using your sexual bucket list with your partner
- Begin commenting on my reader’s blogs more often (because I always mean to and then always cower shamelessly in the internet corner)
- Post at least 3 times a week to the Lifestyle Bloggers Anonymous blog
- Post to The Blog Everyday Challenge group(s) every single day, come rain or shine, sickness or health!
- Post a video to Lifestyle Bloggers Anonymous at least twice a week
- Actually go through all my FetLife groups, ideally on a daily basis, but even once a week will be better than what I’m doing right now…
- Post to Updates from the Head Blog-A-Holic at least twice a week
- Add new products to Blog-A-Holic Designs at least once a week, which includes promoting said products on Tumblr blog
- Actually start going through my drafts (on all the blogs…) and start finishing and publishing the pieces
- Learn how to create an application for devices – just because I want to!
- Step up my social networking game… This one requires quite a bit, but a couple of things that I vow to absolutely do this year:
- Post every day to my personal Facebook page. It already streams my blog posts there and it shows stuff from the Lifestyle Bloggers Anonymous Tumblr blog twice a day, but I’d really like to start putting my own posts up there. Ideally, I’d use Facebook notes to kind of do a daily update about all the stuff I got done online that day… Here’s hoping!
- Post every day to Twitter, at least once a day, because I’m really bad for forgetting all about Twitter
- Start posting and using my YouTube accounts, both my personal and Lifestyle Bloggers Anonymous one. One day, the LBA one will include uploaded videos, but at this point, I just don’t have time to focus on it. It’s something that is in the very early planning phases…
- Figure out the one and only system that I’m going to use to curate content (ie. Digg, Delicious, Diigo, Bit.ly), because right now I seem to use a whole bunch of different things and it’s just not working out to my advantage at all…
I know that more will come to me the more I think about it, but I think this is looking like a pretty hefty list already. I guess another goal we can add to this, is to upgrade Lifestyle Bloggers Anonymous. I had planned to do this before the New Year, but life kept getting in the way of that goal, so I don’t want to make any promises… But I really want to allow people video uploading and a video chat room (personally, I really want the chatroom, my members apparently want the video uploading).
So now, what are your blogging goals for 2013? Do you typically set goals for your blog, or is this your first time?